Rice bowls are a quick meal that make it easy to pack in your veggies and protein into a healthy and satisfying dish.
Hot honey is a great way to add a sweet and spicy dimension to your everyday proteins. We sauteed chickpeas in a hot honey glaze that resulted in perfectly coated morsels that perfectly balanced out the freshness of the raw veggies. Finish off the bowl with a drizzle of homemade ranch dressing and fresh cilantro and you've got a nutrient-packed, flavorful vegetarian lunch that will fuel you for the rest of the day!
Want to watch us make it ourselves? Check out our Instagram Reel here.
Ready to eat? We used this recipe from Jar of Lemons and used our Spicy Bee Chili & Garlic Honey to add a sweet kick to the recipe.
For the hot honey chickpeas:
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 4.5 oz dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and rinsed (or use 1 x 15 oz can, drained)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup Spicy Bee Honey
For the bowls:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauce pan at medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir until slightly browned.
- Add chickpeas and stir, coating in oil.
- Add salt, pepper, chili flakes, and Spicy Bee Honey.
- Stir the chickpeas and honey mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Cook chickpeas for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the bowls: top cooked rice with the chickpeas, cucumber and tomatoes. Top with ranch dressing and cilantro and enjoy!